7 Foods That Make You Happy
What you put inside your body is very important. Food is essential for many reasons: nutritious and health benefits, satisfies hunger and cravings, and even provides energy for a power workout. But did you know the food you eat plays in a part in determining and maintaining your energy levels.
While eating a sugar snack can give you a burst of energy, you might end up crashing and burning during the day after the snack has been digested and processed in your body. It’s important to snack on fruits and vegetables that will keep you energized and light on your feet while you work and play.
Are you curious about which mood boosting foods you should be eating today? Check out our list below:
- Spinach: Packed with magnesium and zinc. Magnesium is known to ease bouts of anxiety.
- Dark Chocolate: Yum! A few bites of dark chocolate a day, keeps the bad mood at bay. Dark chocolate helps with reducing the level of cortisol, a stress hormone, in your body.
- Cantaloupe: A good source of beta carotene which is known to improve your general mental well being.
- Avocado: Rich in tryptophan which produces serotonin - a hormone that makes you feel good.
- Berries: They are rich in antioxidants, minerals and vitamins. Berries are known to contain Folic Acid, an essential vitamin that helps regulate your mood.
- Eggs: Super foods packed with protein, calcium, Vitamin D and riboflavin. Eggs are free of processed ingredients and refined sugars. The minerals found in eggs can help boost your mood.